Monday, July 19, 2004

New Blog...

...just for the purposes of keeping a list of all the things I disagree with David Blunkett on. Usually whenever he makes it into the news with some over-hyped, heavy-handed "idea", I have to run around my room, do some exercises and have several cups of tea in order to calm down and think like a man again.

Take, for instance, his latest plan to track 5,000 criminals by satellite, as well as naming and "targeting" the worst (anti-social) offenders in 50 areas - no, wait, 60. No, 50. Gah, arsing article. Note with extroadinary gasping the sheer, luscious irony in the phrase ...they will be singled out under an expansion of the "Together" scheme.'' Does he really want us all to be "together", or does he just want us to throw the louts into stocks and throw turnips and pigs at them?

So bit by bit, I shall construct my views here on Blunkett, policing methods, and psychological causes of petty crime. Join me, in the adventure of a liiiiife-tiiiiime....

No comments: